Tuesday, November 17, 2009

have a little faith - quotes

Here are my favorite quotes from Mitch Albom's "Have a Little Faith."

"'faith is about doing.  You are how you act, not just how you believe."'


"'Family.  It is through my family that I hope to live on for a few generations.  When they remember me, I live on.  When they pray for me, I live on.  All the memories we have made, the laughs and the tears.'"


"'Look.  I know what I believe.  It's in my soul.  But I constantly tell our people: you sould be convinced of the authenticity of what you have, but you must also be humble enough to say that we don't know everything.  And since we don't know everything, we must accept that another person may believe something else."'


"But you can touch everything and be connected to nothing."


"But I realized something as I drove home that night: that I am neither better nor smarter, only luckier.  And I should be ashamed of thinking I knew everything, because you can know the whole world and still feel lost in it.  So many people are in pain - no matter how smart or accomplished - they cry, they yearn, they hurt.  But instead of looking down on things, they look up, which is where I should have been looking, too.  Because when the world quiets to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things: comfort, love, and a peaceful heart."


"God sings, we hum along, and there are many melodies, but it's all one song - one same, wonderful, human song."

3 comments:

charissa june said...

Five stars for this! :)

bryan said...

Just done reading the book, really love those quotes :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful movie. Just saw it on abc...hallmark was wonderful to sponsor it...their commercials were touching...the whole night opened my heart and reminded me what great tv really is. We need more of this. Thanks for opening my heart more. Love to all.