Monday, March 19, 2012

Drum Roll...

The attic was reorganized in under 2 1/2 hours on Friday!  WOO HOO!  Here are some shots:

Here is the way the area started - everything shoved somewhere
A closer view from up the stairs
Old Toys organized in easy-to-see bins

Here you can see 3 bins of clothing organized
One of the big organizing tips I've learned over the years is to store items in see through containers.  That way you don't have to go pilfering through colored storage bins to find something.  I also organized the clothing (which is all hand-me-downs for when the ladybugs get bigger) in three categories: To Save, Spring/Summer, and Fall/Winter.  This way I know which is the next bin I can "shop" in.

On Saturday I sorted through the ladybug's clothing.  I have Purple Heart coming next Monday to pick up the donations.  I also ordered new clothing online, and I found a great sale at the Carter's store.  I was very excited that Carter's carries clothing up through size 7.  Unfortunately most of the cutest stuff was 5T and under, but oh well.  I will see what the ladies think when they return home.

This week brings a lot of activities for our family.  Hope you have a wonderful week as well!

No comments: