Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An Embarrassing Topic?

Today's Daily Spark is:
An Embarrassing Topic?
Most formal paragraphs consist of at least four or five good sentences.  Usually, the first sentence of such a paragraph is the topic sentence, which contains the paragraph's main idea.  The rest of the sentences in the paragraph support the main idea.  Practice writing a solid formal paragraph with a topic sentence and several supporting sentences.  Write your paragraph on the topic "My Most Embarrassing Moment Ever."

My Most Embarrassing Moment Ever
After much thought and consideration, I have determined that I do not have a most embarrassing moment.  I could have chosen from a myriad of life experiences spanning my 37 years.  I admit that I make a fool out of myself at least once a day, so choosing the most embarrassing moment is quite difficult.  Some of these life moments are as follows: when a co-actor forgot her lines on stage in high school and I had to try and fill in the blanks, when my bikini top fell off on a ride at Cedar Point, when my tutu fell off on stage, when my white pants had a blood stain down the leg in 6th grade, when I walked into a poll while talking to friends, when my boyfriend's sister walked in on us naked, when I had to have my father pick me up from jail, when I was too drunk to walk out of the bar without help, or when I left a marriage after only five months.  However, I would rather own my failures and learn from them, rather than letting the failure define me as a person.  Embarrassing moments are what help one grow as a person and ultimately contribute to the strong person one can become.  Therefore, I do not have a most embarrassing moment.

No comments: