Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Cleaning is exhausting

No Picture For You!
As the week winds down I realized how very little photographs I've taken.  I start the project without my camera, and then think, "oh crap!"  But most of my cleaning this spring has been the usual (deep clean and dust bunny round up) stuff.  However, tomorrow I tackle our attic.

Be VERY Afraid!
About 6 years ago Jim and my father-in-law redid the flooring and the insulation in the attic.  What's the problem?  Well, like everything else in this 100 year-old home, the floor proved to be a greater headache than anticipated.  It was moldy.  The roof had leaked in the past, and was replaced before we moved in.  However, there was damage to the attic flooring, and all the wood had to be pulled up.  They were only able to replace a little bit.  Therefore, I have very little space to store items.  This small amount of space prevents us from storing all that much.  However, because I don't look at this space often I pretty much let it look like crap.

So tomorrow I will do the unthinkable - organize the attic.  I purchased 5 new storage bins (see through) from Target, and hopefully I can appropriately divide and conquer the mess.

What About My Hair?
I love Jess at Jessie's Chop Shop.  She did exactly what I wanted with the cut, and the color is amazing!  I'm not much of a photographer, and you really can't see the red highlites, but here:

No comments: