Friday, June 21, 2013

I Dreamt of My House Again...

....but this time it was different.



This time I was able to make the negative energy leave, and I was finally able to enter the attic without panic.  It was as if I finally got to the place I have been hoping to visit all this time.  

Maybe I should start from the beginning.  

Since I can remember, I have had dreams about a house.  Sometimes I am driving to find the house, sometimes I am walking to find it, and other times I am in one of its many rooms.  For awhile I was able to bring different people into the dream with me; almost as if I was lucid dreaming.  I often find myself traveling through the rooms and saw the Gothic decorating scheme.  However, it didn't matter if I climbed the red velvet staircases or if I took the elevator to the top level, each time I was met with adversity. 

Sometimes the adversity was ghosts, sometimes it was me waking up, and sometimes I spent too much time in other rooms to care about the attic. Quite often I am driving to locate the home; and I can see it's exterior before I awake.  In the dream I am very familiar with this home, and I have come to the conclusion I have lived there in another life.

However, the other night I dreamt of my house again, but this time I was able to fight the negative energy and make it up to the attic.  I made peace with those whose paintings hung on the walls, and I was able to view the land outside the gabled window.  The crazy thing is at the end of the dream I flew out the window over the land and looked backwards at my home.  I was at total peace, but also kind of bummed because I could have rather hung out in the house.

I looked up an analysis for these reoccurring dreams.  Here is what it says about dreams of an attic:

Attic
To see an attic in your dream represents hidden memories or repressed thoughts that is being revealed. It also symbolizes your mind, spirituality, and your connection to the higher Self. Alternatively, it signifies difficulties in your life that may hinder you from attaining your goals and aspirations. However, after a long period of struggle, you will overcome these difficulties.

To see a cluttered attic in your dream, is a sign to organize your mind and thoughts. Perhaps, you need to rid yourself of the past and let go of the past emotions that are holding you back.


Here is other applicable analyses:

House (General)
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity. If the house is shifting, then it suggests that you are going through some personal changes and changing your belief system. To dream that a house has no walls, represents a lack of privacy. You feel that everyone is looking over your shoulder or up in your business.

To dream that water is rising up in your house, suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions.

Window

To see a window in your dream signifies bright hopes, vast possibilities and insight. If the window of a house is dark, then it indicates a loss to your perception or vitality.

To dream that you are looking out the window signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness and your point of view. It also refers to your intuition and awareness. You may be reflecting on a decision. Or you need to go out into the larger world and experience life. If you are looking in the window, then it indicates that you are doing some soul searching and looking within yourself. It is time for some introspection. To see another face in the window in your dream suggests that you are feeling emotionally distant and physically detached. Also consider the emotion depicted on the face.

No comments: