Thursday, January 13, 2011

Witnesses Don't Like the Catholics

I realize this is the second post in one day, however, this had to to posted tonight.  I could not wait another moment to share.

The above image (I had to take a picture of it with my smart phone) is a priest with a Bible (in color) and a gun (in black and white).  The image is from an article titled, "Is Religion a Force for Peace?" in the January 2011 publication of Awake!  This publication, for those of you who do not know, is the sister magazine of The Watchtower.  Both are monthly publications, and my dear friend, Bonnie, brought the two by my house last week.

I no longer have a weekly study with her, as I feel I no longer could continue a study of something I could never become.  However, I still let her drop off the magazines, and I do find myself compelled to see what new fear, or angle they present.

I do have strong opinions of organized religion, which I will discuss at a later date.  However, even though the Catholic religion added a lot of traditions not Biblically based, does not me Catholic people (including clergy) are murderers.

If asked, I'm sure the Jehovah Witness organization would say the image was for shock value, but with the shootings in Arizona only days ago my first impression of the image was very negative and NOT pro-religion (which includes Jehovah's Witnesses) in any form.

2 comments:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

This is an interesting angle. I'm in the middle of reading "The God Delusion", in which the author argues the validity of atheism. One thing he mentions is an ad that appeared for his documentary called "Root of All Evil?" The picture was of the Manhattan skyline pre-9/11 with the caption "Imagine a world without religion." I think with religion or without religion fanatics will use violence as a means to communicate.

find my blog said...

I suppose that I look at FAITH (SPIRITUALITY) and RELIGION as different facets.

I think religion is when man messes up a pure and wonderful love.

Miss you!!!!