Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time to Face the Music

...to accept the truth...


This American idiom stems from the British military. When someone was court marshaled, there would be a military drum squad playing, hence face the music. 

That is simply what I have to do this beautiful autumn day - admit that I fell off the healthy path.  Last week was an emotional one, for a variety of reasons, and we also had a bunch of celebrations to attend.  I take complete responsibility in my weight gain, and plan on using the last week as a lesson.

I have always been one who could not just have one - one drink, one piece of candy, one potato chip, one orange puff, etc.  I tend to get euphoric when I'm eating, which I realize is akin to alcoholism or an addiction to cigarettes.  I know this, and yet it is still so difficult for me to rid my life of events that have food.  I mean, come on!  Am I right?

I felt really beautiful on Saturday at my cousin's wedding.  My hair looked good, I wore a new dress and shoes that seemed to be made for me.  I am awaiting pictures from my father, because I am hoping what I "think" I looked like, and what I "really" looked like match.  I am very skeptical of myself anymore.  After years in a fog, do I trust what I see in the mirror?

Until I get hard evidence, I will simply state that the scale didn't lie - I had gained weight this week.  I am not going to ignore it either.  That gets me in trouble every time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just see this as little deviation in your road to health! We all stumble, I'm down 16 pounds, but I can relate to the fact that it takes so much hard work to lose 1 pound and 1 muffin to gain 3 pounds back!!!! Keep at it! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Mary from Maine