Thursday, December 1, 2011

Favorite Children's Authors #2

If you have never read a Jan Brett book, you are missing out on what I think are one of the best illustrations EVER!  Here are a few of her best loved books:


I had the privilege of meeting Jan Brett at the Ann Arbor District Library a couple of weeks ago.  Ms. Brett was extremely gracious.  She gave a little talk for the children and adults about her new book, Home For Christmas.


I purchased the book for myself (she was only signing one book), and two for the Ladybugs' teachers.  They passed out signed (with ink not computer generated) book plates that I added to the teacher books.  My mom came with me, and we stood in line for quite some time.  However, we were pleased to finally meet Jan Brett up close.

Ms. Brett talking about her newest book
drawing Ms. Brett did during her presentation

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

I love The Easter Egg! It's such a cute story and illustrations really make it. :-)