Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gifts at Christmastime

About a month or so ago, I bought a very special book that I have been eager to start.  However, per the 52 Books in 52 weeks challenge, I have been trying to complete 3 books at once!  With that being said, I have given myself a new challenge starting January 1st.  What exactly is the challenge?

I was inspired by reading a bit of Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts; A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are."  So my goals are as follows:

1) I will collect my own list of gifts and use this fantastic app on my phone: 1000 Gifts.  I hope to use it to have one location to enter my gifts.  If I only get to 100 by the end of 2012, that is okay with me.  If I get to 1000, I hope I will be inspired to continue to find the gifts around me each and every day.

2) I have also printed off the 100 Days Calendar.  I would like to fill the 3 spaces in the next two weeks.  However, currently I have only the first entry as: WRITE.  I want to spend time writing each day.  I broke down WRITE into three categories:

  • Blog
  • Cards/Letters
  • Story/Article

I want to be able to write each day.  Whether I am sharing the journey with my readers, or writing a card to a sick friend (or someone I do not know), or whether I spend time writing a new story/article or tweak an existing one.  If I want to be a writer, I have to write.

Hopefully I will be able to fill the other two spots in the entry fields.  We'll see what I desire to spend more time with each and every day.  I also do not plan on doing the 52 books challenge again, so that instead, I can focus more on my own writing and devotion to my family.

2 comments:

Homeschool Month by Month said...

Thanks for suggesting the book One Thousand Gifts. I am only on chapter 3 but am already blessed and convicted.

Ελλάδα said...

Let me tell you it will change your life for good and it is truly a wonderful book. Ann has been anointed with a gift to reach deeper than the usual and to reach into the soul.