Friday, December 16, 2011

My Longest Book Yet

With only 2 weeks left in the year, I was probably biting off a bit more than I should chew when I started Michael Jackson, The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story last week.

Chiming in at 765 pages, this epic novel was definitely two books in one (or at least I should be able to count it for 2 of my books).  Right?

Anyway, my friend, Colleen, highly recommended it and I must say it was definitely the most amazing story of a person that lived during my lifetime.

I was very into Michael Jackson, probably comparable to the Beiber Fever of today.  I remember going with my parents to the Gibraltar Trade Center to find Michael items.  If I remember correctly, my sister and I left with t-shirts, purses, and buttons with Michael's adorable face front and center.  This was right after Thriller came out, and I had decided that I would marry him one day.  Of course this was after I had made peace with the idea I couldn't marry Jesus, Thomas Edison nor Bing Crosby.

As the book states: "The Whole Story" it was true to that.  The author, J. Randy Taraborrelli, first published the book in 1991, then again in 2003 (with added info), and then finally after Jackson passed in 2009.

The story takes the reader through Michael's younger years, his relationship with Lisa Marie Presley, his alleged child molestation scandals, his three children, and much more.  After all, it is over 700 pages!

I definitely recommend the book, because the author had a great way of captivating the audience into reading more and more.  The life of Michael Jackson reads like a novel, and there are times I had to remind myself this was REAL and not simply a fictitious tale of a recording artist.

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I am able to finish my goal of 52 books.

No comments: