Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Wrap Up


It is the end of January, and I wanted to touch on my goals for 2013.  I had 3 goals for the year, and the results for January are below:

Goal #1: Read all seven Harry Potter books on my new Nexus 7 tablet.
Currently I am on book #3.  I am enjoying my new tablet, and have embraced the new idea of reading digitally rather than paperback.

Goal #2: Reclaim my body - mentally, physically, and emotionally.
The truth is: I am having difficulty focusing on myself this month.  We have been though quite a bit of upheaval this month, and food is something I find comfort in.  I know, I know, but I am being truthful here.

Goal #3: Give more.
I gave $100 to the Ronald McDonald House Charity earlier in the month.  Last week I gave a few hours to a teenager who needed to talk and share.  She is the daughter of a friend of mine, and I sincerely hope the time I gave her was beneficial.  I know that I learned a lot from just listening, which is definitely part of this goal.

How have you been doing with your 2013 goals?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my goal is just to get through the day!!! That's as long term as I can handle right now.

Rock Kart said...

Upheaval to say the least! I've lost 12 lbs, but the house is messier. Apparently a new job where I never see JK and 5 people sick for 3 wks are not conducive to organization.