Monday, August 5, 2013

July Wrap-Up

This month was one of making decisions.  I made the decision to get the pelvic floor surgery, and I decided to homeschool the Ladybugs this fall.  This is a huge decision for me, as I am hoping I can handle it.  I also started writing my memoir about my time with Bonnie.  It is a memoir of love and friendship, and I have tentatively titled it, "My Faith Through Her Eyes."

Now for the updates"

Goal #1: Read all seven Harry Potter books on my new Nexus 7 tablet. Read as much as possible.
I spent the majority of my free time writing the memoir.  I read a few memoirs, preparing for my writing. I was also consumed with researching homeschool curriculum.  

Goal #2: Reclaim my body - mentally, physically, and emotionally.
As I mentioned above, I got the pelvic floor surgery.  Unfortunately I don't feel as if the leaking has decreased, and I am very depressed about my body and how it works.  I have an appointment tomorrow to speak with the doctor, and I hope things can be explained then.  Losing sight of hope.

Goal #3: Give more.
The donation for July (and August) was to The Henry Ford, which includes the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.  The Village is a sanctuary for me; that is, when there isn't a special weekend or event happening.  I am calmed by the simplicity in the living and inventions that made life easier.  It is a lovely place to visit, even a few hours, and the donation provides our family with free visits all year long.  

This year has been one of upheaval, but we continue to forge ahead into the unknown future.

No comments: