Saturday, April 25, 2015

Number Three - 40 @ 40

If you want to view all posts in this series goto: 40 @ 40


I have been teaching private piano lessons for over 22 years and voice almost as long.  I have been looking for something to do in a related field, but different all together as well.  In walked OnGuard Essential Oil.

Okay, the bottle itself didn't walk in by itself, my sister, Kelly, introduced it to me one day in January.  She had me put the oil on my wrist, just a couple drops.  For the rest of the day I felt better. Maybe it was psychosomatic, but the aromatic blend seemed to be perfect for my emotional being. I told her to get me a jar for myself. I quickly began using the oil in boiling water on the stove top, as a spray, and then on my face.  Yes, my face.

I have had such issues the last couple of years with acne.  I know that my eating habits contributed to problem skin, but I also knew that as I have aged my skin care needs are different.  I saw a dermatologist about 8 years ago, but the chemicals he told me to put on my skin were not sun or children friendly.  I couldn't put my skin next to the skin of my babies, and THAT was not cool.  Sure the pimples went away, but it wasn't permanent.  I suppose I wasn't looking for a miracle, but something more natural was what I was hoping for.

Last summer I tried coconut oil, extra virgin and organic.  I read how it could improve my skin.  At first, it did.  I was so excited.  Then my skin was worse than before.  It was a mess.  I decided to return to a basic routine that did not include expensive soaps or creams: Witch Hazel Blog  I still use coconut oil for cooking, and I use it on my body as well.  It is wonderful if you mix sugar with it for a pre-shaving sugar scrub.

So at this point I was using just witch hazel.  Nothing else.  My skin started to heal somewhat, but I needed to use some kind of additional help. I had dry patches where the skin was healing.  I used lavender oil, and that was very soothing.  I used tea tree oil, which was good at killing the bacteria that was covering my face.  However, when I started using OnGuard, something miraculous happened.  I thought if I can get rid of this crap on my face I will sell the product(s).  At the same time, I was given an oil composition from Aveda - Beautifying Composition.  I use the OnGuard after the "wash" with witch hazel.  Then I put the Beautifying oil all over my face.

I don't plan on selling Aveda, but I do believe their products are high quality.  The above has the following ingredients:
organic soybean oil
organic olive oil
organic safflower oil
organic lavender (calming and relaxing)
rosemary  (muscle aches and pains)
bergamot (calming)
However, could I sell this OnGuard stuff?

Back when my sister gave me the wrist drops of OnGuard, we talked about how we have never heard of doTERRA before, and there should be home parties like Tupperware or PartyLite.  OMG!  I used to be obsessed with PartyLite.  I love candles, but now I have a friend who makes soy candles that don't bother my allergies and such.  How different 15 years make.  My search for a local doTERRA person ended with me realizing no one in the Dearborn area sell it.  So I decided, why don't I sell it?!

In my 40 years, I have been asked to become a consultant with Tupperware Parties, PartyLite, Jamberry, ThirtyOne, Jafra, Pampered Chef, Quixstar,Avon, Lia Sophia, Purse Party,Scentsy,Tastefully Simple, and Mary Kay.  I think because I have a really honest and fun personality when I go to these parties.  I have never sold anything before.  That is unless you count children's overpriced clothing at Crowley's for three months in high school, food at the Eagle Tavern in Greenfield Village and myself as a teacher. Which I guess says something about how I believe the quality of oils doTERRA.  It is not that I don't think essential oils from another company is not good, but there is a lot to be said for quality of oils.

So if you are at all interested in finding out more information (I'm still learning, but I can help) or buying more product please visit my doTERRA site: MichelleMartin40

No comments: