Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Embracing Homeschooling

Not my ladybugs, but you get the "picture"....
I have always been a very open person when it comes to lifestyles.  I have tattoos, I would like my nose pierced, and I LOVE glitter (okay maybe the last one isn't all that wild).  However, when it comes to my children I take a very conservative stand on their upbringing.  I had both in a hospital, I vaccinate, and I sent them to a private Christian school.  And that is exactly what I was providing: traditional values, traditional morals, traditional education.  However, as I have mentioned before, the environment of the school has become quite toxic.

So after weeks of uncovering more unpleasantries at the school, Jim and I are pulling the girls from the building and I will start homeschooling Monday, April 8th.

At first I was against homeschooling the ladybugs.  Why?  Because I know how they can act sometimes with each other.  Not nice.  And being together every day could potentially drive me insane.  But then a good friend of mine said that it would be special time together, time that we would always remember.  And that is exactly what I hope happens.  Good or bad, happy or sad; the time learning together will be a memory we will always treasure.

Yesterday a friend of mine, and mother to Zoebug's best friend, met for coffee.  She is also planning on pulling her daughter after Easter break.  We can help each other and keep each other's spirits up when we are feeling overwhelmed.  She plans on continuing her homeschooling in the fall.  However, my plan is to still have the girls attend the neighborhood school down the street.  But you never know!

After an emotional early morning coffee, I arrived a work and began looking through cabinets to retrieve any of my belongings.  I ran across a magnet that I have NEVER seen before.  It was a music note with scripture on it.  It touched my heart, and I believe it to be a perfect way to end this post.


"Thou shalt be secure because there is hope." ~Job 11:18

No comments: