Saturday, March 30, 2013

March Wrap-Up


March has definitely been a month of true change and introspection.  I have made decisions that will definitely change my life and the life of my Ladybugs.  I have always been confident before this school year.  However, I do hope that by the next "monthly wrap-up" I will be back to the old me again.

So lets get to the goals.

Goal #1: Read all seven Harry Potter books on my new Nexus 7 tablet.
I was really doing well with Harry, really.  Until the stress of my job completely took over my every free thought.  Currently the Kindle app states I am 55% completed with the 3rd book in the series.  However, I also completed my first book using the Amazon Nook app, "Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe".  I really enjoyed this book a lot.  Per a recommendation by one of the DHftMWNtB authors, I have also started reading, "Beyond Ordinary: When A Good Marriage Just Isn't Good Enough".  Right now my brain needs to read spiritual-focused books that restore my faith in humanity.

Goal #2: Reclaim my body - mentally, physically, and emotionally.
I turned 38 on the 27th of this month.  I woke up feeling old.  I was emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually drained.  I quit my job and pulled the girls from the school the day after.  I know moving forward I did the right thing for us.  However, getting to the end was really stressful and anxiety ridden.  I took a look at my schedule this morning and there was space!  There is hope and that is the first step on a healthier path.  I also decided that my spirits soar when my house smells good (not just looks good).  So yesterday I bought two bunches of daffodils from Kroger (2 for $5), and my entire dinning room smells of spring.

Goal #3: Give more.
This month we gave $100 to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  My God Mother and Aunt, Cindy, suffers from Primary Progressive MS.  I realize the small amount we donated is pennies in what is needed to discover a cure, however, I do believe that every little bit counts.  Unfortunately I did not donate my time to a cause or person needing help this month.  I hope to make up for that by spending extra time in April with volunteering.

Hope your month was productive!

No comments: