Thursday, April 21, 2011

30 Day Abbreviated - #30

Day #30 - Get A Little Help From Your Friends

As a musician, the first thing I think of is the Beetles song:



The truth is: when you are a control freak, like I, it is very hard to get by with a little help from your friends.  Depending on others is truly difficult, but very necessary in this world.  My friend, and fellow blogger: The Enchanted Schoolhouse, is the inspiration for these 30 day missions.  She inspired me to reorganize, organize and simplify my home and my life.

In the last 6 months, my family has gone through quite a few health issues.  Nothing long-term, but frustrating all the same.  I have had to rely on others to help me out, and that, my dear readers, has been very humbling for me.

One of the items listed in the 30-day mission was to say NO right away.   That is a VERY VERY good statement for me to read, hear, etc.  I tend to want to help my friends and with the kids' school and with church to the point where I am forgetting my own needs here.

I am in the process of creating a comprehensive grocery list program, and I will share it as it gets closer to fruition.

No comments: