Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 Days Abbreviated - #29

Day #29: Find Out What Works
Ah the check list - I knew it was coming.  In 30 days how could one possibly accomplish EVERYTHING on this list?!  I am speaking of the missions from:


Here is the list and my responses are on the right in bold lettering. My plan is to work on the incomplete list in the next couple of weeks.  I figure the list really revolves around meal planning, which I despise anyway; but I will manage to establish a better system then the current one.  I would like to make everything digital (i.e. on google) so that Jim can grab the list and check it off on his phone as he shops.  I am also in the process of determining healthier and more family friendly meals (ones that we ALL enjoy), so it's possible that I will take more than a week or two to establish that one.  Wish me luck, and I will post as I continue my mission (a quest on my part).
 

Closet
Love and Wear clothes exclusively     OK
Closet organized     OK     
Accessories managed    OK    
   Stockings     OK
    Belts     OK
    Scarves    OK
    Shoes     OK
    Jewelry    OK

Clothing Systems
Dry-cleaning system    OK 
Laundry system     OK
Out of season system    OK
Recycling System     OK

Linen closet     OK

Kitchen
   Counters cleared     OK
   Storage organized     OK
   Love and Use items exclusively     OK 
   Meal Planning System     HELP
   Grocery Shopping System     HELP
   Entertaining Menus and Setup   HELP

Home Office
Mail Handling     OK
Desktop Papers     OK
Office Supplies     OK
Bill-Paying System     OK 
Filing System     OK
     Current   OK
     Important Documents   OK
     Estate planning   OK
     Tax records   OK
     Home improvement records   OK
     Insurances   OK
     Archives   OK
Stationery and stamps   OK
Ticket system   OK
Gift wrapping   OK
Photos   OK
Subscriptions   OK
Travel files and planning   OK

Kids
Kids' rooms
     Closet   OK
     Desk   OK
     Storage   OK
Kids' papers and mementos  OK
Babysitter information current   OK

House Maintenance
Supplies organized   OK
Daily Routine  OK
Weekly Routine   OK
Seasonal Routine   OK

Garage NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY HUBBY

General
House sitter information current     OK
Recycling system for useless stuff   OK

1 comment:

xina said...

Hey Michelle, Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but I know it changed my life. I am a huge fan of Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals. Each Saturday morning I sit on the couch with my fav cookbooks. I create my menu for the week and then create the grocery list for everything I need. Woody takes the list and does the shopping. I found that if I had something already planned and had everything in the house I needed to make it, cooking suddenly became quite a pleasuable experience. But if I get home from work and I have to think about what's for dinner (even for a second) it's going to be carry out for sure. Good Luck, I appluade your efforts to get organized!