Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another School Year Begins

The school year officially started for me on Tuesday, when I began teaching at 4pm.  I have upped my student load this year, adding Monday to the week.  So I will be teaching Monday afternoon and evening, Tuesday afternoon and evening and Saturday all day (morning and afternoon).

I find that when I am teaching, I am in my element.  I get excited perusing the Internet for new music to give to students.  Like this gem for instance:



I do love Audra McDonald.  In fact, Audra was one of my name choices when I was pregnant with Evie.  I thought I had a "Z" child (Zoe) it would be neat to have an "A" child.  However, I decided on a numbering system (3-9).  Each girl has 3 letters in her name (ZOE/EVA), the names both mean life (Zoe: Life/Eva: Life Giving), and the girls have middle names that are family names and 9 letters a piece (Elizabeth/Margarite).  I changed Eva's to fit the system, and so it was easy to spell.  Yeah, I gave my girls names that they could sound out.

I have a strict weekly schedule that includes my exercise, teaching, school for the ladybugs, and extra curricular activities for them as well.  It is what I consider to be a well-oiled machine.  I am really glad I am organized!

No comments: