Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Wrap-Up


April came and went, and just like that I am back to see how I fared this month.

Goal #1: Read all seven Harry Potter books on my new Nexus 7 tablet.
I suppose that by now I should have completed the entire series of Potter books.  But for whatever reason, I cannot get into that series.  It's only May, so I have time.  But I did read a hilarious memoir called, "Bossypants," by Tina Fey.  It was really fun.  Not as laugh-out-loud crazy as a few other memoirs I've read lately, but it was just what I needed.  I also completed the book, "Killing Lincoln," by Bill O'Reilly.  Fantastic account of the last days of President Lincoln.  Just loved it.  Would totally recommend reading it (especially if you like the Civil War time period or history).

Goal #2: Reclaim my body - mentally, physically, and emotionally.
My weight seems to continue to look me in the face and laugh.  However, emotionally I am feeling fantastic, and mentally I have been really enjoying teaching the Ladybugs.  So two out of three is pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.  I am going to a new doctor on Monday, as I have been leaking (gradually peeing myself) for about 6 months now.  I haven't really shared this info with anyone else, but I thought it was time to share that physical hurdle I must climb.

Goal #3: Give more.
This month I spent time with students accompanying them in a performance.  I had recorded a CD, but I felt being there was much better than simply letting them fend for themselves.  It was remarkable.  I also spent countless hours opening my home to our neighbor boys.  I just love them...and I know my open-door policy allows their parents to get a bit of relaxation.  We gave $100 this month to Autism Speaks, as April is Autism Awareness month.  I know many children who have been diagnosed with Autism or ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders).  My Zoe has anxiety and some sensory issues, but I have always had a place in my heart for children who were "different".  In fact, I tend to gravitate towards teaching special kids.  I love the variety and I understand them better than I imagine many other private piano/voice teachers.

Hope everyone had a wonderful April.

No comments: