Friday, May 31, 2013

May Wrap-Up



Ah, yes, the time has come again for me to review what I have accomplished this month.  I must say that May has breezed by, quite possibly because we have been very busy with Birthdays, concerts, field trips, and learning together each day.

Okay...now for those silly goals I set on January 1st:

Goal #1: Read all seven Harry Potter books on my new Nexus 7 tablet.
This goal is not any farther along, as I decided I do not like the Harry Potter books.  I tried, I gave it a really good effort...but the books did not appeal to me.  I would say I must be an oddball, because it seems everyone loves those books.  However, just like most everything else in my life - I'm unique.  So this goal is closed.  I am okay with this goal never being complete.

However, I did read a great book called "The Wilder Life" by Wendy McClure.  It is a story about her quest to find where Laura Ingalls Wilder grew up and the "Laura World" from her childhood.  I love Little House, so this was a perfect book for me.  My Ladybugs also enjoy the Little House series, so much so we are going to do a Unit Study with the book The Prairie Primer.  

Goal #2: Reclaim my body - mentally, physically, and emotionally.
If you are interested in reading about my physical stuff of late, you can scroll through the last few blog posts.  I have started Pelvic Floor Therapy, and in one word it is: different.  It isn't bad, but honestly I really don't want to have surgery, so I'm hoping it works.  Mentally and emotionally I am doing well.  I feel very confident that our decision to remove the girls from their school was the right choice - emotionally as well as academically.  Even though we are waiting to hear on the boarder exemption, I am completely comfortable with my abilities to school the Ladybugs for as long as needed.  This is not a place I thought I would be, but here I am!

Goal #3: Give more.
I gave $100 to Friends for the Dearborn Animal Shelter this month.  I had a friend who walked with her two dogs in the annual FDAS Mutt Strutt.  Being able to give to this charity allows animals to be treated and cared for properly.  As for giving back...the girls and I have been collecting clothing and other household items to donate.  We have been so busy with commitments this month, we have not had the time to give time to others.  I am hoping that the summer months prove to be more flexible with time and our ability to give it freely.

No comments: