Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day #2 - Pinterest Projects

So, due to the fact that Zoe was in bad spirits earlier this afternoon, I decided to change the order of the Pinterest Projects.  So we all decided to make GAK!  For those that have never made GAK, it reminds me of Slime that was in vending machines when I was a kid.

Here is the original post that was linked on Pinterest: GAK

First we dumped 2 4oz bottles of Elmers Glue into a disposable dish (the store brand was in 5oz bottles, or I would have gone for the cheap version).


Next, we filled the bottles with warm water, and shook the bottles hard to release the excess glue.


Then we dumped the water from the bottles into the gluey bowl. I added food coloring to the glue and water mixture and stirred until the food coloring was incorporated into the mixture.  I cannot tell you how much food coloring, but lets just say I added until we all liked the color (kind of like making icing for a cake).  I have a bunch of food color, so this was a very cheap craft for me all together.


In a separate disposable cup I added 1/2 cup of warm water.  Then I added 1 tsp of Borax to the warm water and mixed until incorporated.

Then I added the Borax mixture to the glue mixture and began stirring.  Zoe and I couldn't believe all the water that was being added throughout the process, however, voila! it was done.

Here are the ladybugs playing with their GAK.



So two days of Pinterest project success! I am doing much better than Pintester, who is a woman that tests items pinned to Pinterest and then blogs about her successes and disasters.

1 comment:

Homeschool Month by Month said...

Your glue models are so great. I am really enjoying your new series and look forward to next project.