Friday, July 27, 2012

Day #5 - Pinterest Projects

The week is almost complete, and I have had a lot of fun working on the "pins" I've been pinning on Pinterest. It was a great opportunity to see if pins work, or if they are just "pinned" by everyone because they look like a cool idea. I think that is my biggest complaint with Pinterest - a lot of pinning and not a lot of doing.

If you are interested in seeing the first 4 Pinterest Projects, you can click here: Pinterest Projects

Today I had two pins on my plate. The first one was to create a skirt for my laundry tub, and the other was to decorate my washer and dryer. Unfortunately the vinyl decals I ordered from Etsy are not here yet, so I am unable to complete that washer/dryer portion of the project. However, I did feel quite successful with the laundry tub skirt.

So lets get started. Here is the link to the original pin: Laundry Tub Skirt

Photo from Momstastic
First things first - why don't you see the way my laundry tub looked this morning:

Did you noticed the nasty floors?  Yeah, we are getting those done this summer!*
I measured the tub, and made note of the fact that the pipes on the right hand side were definitely going to make my job a bit more creative. Anyway, I found adorable fabric and trim and cut it to the indicated measurements. The bolt was on sale, so I was not able to get three-times the measurements to make the original pin's ruffles. However, that was okay with me. I cut it, pinned it up and off I went a-sewing.  You didn't know I knew how, did you?  I do!

My grandmother's sewing machine - pretty retro, right?
Close up view!
Adding the trim
Adding the velcro for extra sticking power!
voila!  ALL COMPLETE!
*I mentioned above that we are getting our floor redone.  We have lived in this home for almost 10 years, and the basement laundry/bathroom is the biggest eyesore we have here.  Truthfully it is the only space that bothers me.  I decided that this summer was plenty long enough to wait for Jim to do it  - so we now are working with Home Depot to get a day for install.  I'm really looking forward to this!  Small things can completely change the way a room looks.  

So...did you enjoy my Pinterest Projects this week?  Let me know, by commenting below!

2 comments:

Homeschool Month by Month said...

Fantastic fabric.

find my blog said...

Thank you, Holly. I have more of it saved for a rainy day! It wasn't enough to do the pleats, but enough for another "something". :)