Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day #4 - Pinterest Projects

Before I get into my Pinterest Project for today, I want to make a slight suggestion on the GAK recipe: less is more when it comes to the food dye. My ladybugs both had purple stained hands after playing with it Tuesday and yesterday. They were totally cool about it - but as a mom I thought you'd like to know.

Today I decided to tackle one of the more popular pins: Holder for Charging Cell Phone. You know the one I'm talking about:

from www.makeit-loveit.com
She suggests using a bottle from baby shampoo. However, I wanted to have room for more than one cell phone to charge. Therefore, I used a orange juice bottle.


Then I cleaned it, and cut it to my desired shape.


A little sanding, and then it was time for a little Modge Podge and fabric. *hint hint* The Ladybug fabric will be used for the laundry tub skirt.


So the Modge Podge was something I had done before (simple glue and water mixture) but with tissue paper.  So the fabric thing was new to me, AND it took forever!

Then my creation was ready to try out.  I must admit I was really excited at this point!


So I stuck it on the outlet and plugged stuff in.


Do you see the problem?  There is a fire hazard here!  Big time!!!

So then I looked more closely at the original:


And I realized that her invention touched the plug too!  It is a different design, but it STILL is a fire hazard.  But that's okay, because like any good crafter I must have a plan B.  And here it is, reader:


I take pictures with my cell phone, but you can picture two cell phones charging happily...can't you?!

No comments: