Thursday, October 15, 2009

my relationship with Bonnie #10

Yesterday I had the pleasure of studying again with Bonnie.  We started Chapter 3 in "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" titled "What is God's Purpose for the Earth?"

I was able to incorporate my weekly Genesis Bible study into the conversation, and I love being able to ask further questions that aren't answered at the Coffee Break.

In the Woman's Coffee Break we studied the story of Cain and Abel, as well as the line of Adam's decedents up to Noah. I especially enjoyed the additional Bible verses that were discussed, since the story is so small compared to the meaning.

My favorite verse is from Romans 12:17-21 -
"Do not repay anyone evil for evil.  Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.  If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.  Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord.  On the contrary: 'If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.  In doing this you will heap burning coals on his head.'  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

I also learned that no matter how far we stray from God, he still wants to have a relationship with us.  Therefore, we have to seek him.  He is always willing to take us back. 

We ended our coffee break with Psalms 1.  The first two verses are my favorite.


"Blessed is the man who does not walk in counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night."

No comments: