Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Secrets of Family Success - Team Work

The past week has brought my focus on my health, but today I do feel I'm on the mend.

Unfortunately I was unable to complete the week-long study of the 7 secrets to a successful family.  However, today I will continue the study with the third element: Teamwork.

It's rather ironic to speak about Teamwork, since I'm currently listening to "The Wonder Pets."  My children love this Nick Jr. show, and their theme song is truly awesome!

Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets
We're on our way
To help a friend
and save the day.
We're not to big 
and we're not to tough.
But when we work together
we've got the right stuff!
Go Wonder Pets!

As totally silly as this song might seem, I think elementally we all need each other to survive.  A team is completely important when speaking of a marriage.  Two coming together to work together.  Marriage is work; which I think oftentimes gets overlooked when two are in love.  But it would be VERY difficult if each person was on a different sides.  I believe that listening and respecting your spouse are also key elements to teamwork.

If you replace your family name (i.e. Martin Family) in the Wonder Pets song, it would in fact be a great affirmation of teamwork.

Martin Family, Martin Family
We're on our way
To help a friend
and save the day.
We're not to big 
and we're not to tough.
But when we work together
we've got the right stuff!
Go Martin Family!

No comments: