Monday, August 1, 2011

cha cha cha CHANGES!

Today I have begun a new journey.  One that I have tried before and failed miserably.  What is that you might wonder?  Well, reader, I have hired a personal trainer.

I have been very depressed and stressed lately.  My body, my hair...everything.  So last Wednesday I hired a sitter and got a make-over.  My hair (cut and colored), a manicure and a pedicure were all on the schedule.  While I was at Salon E getting these awesome services, I learned about Elements of Exercise.  EOE takes up most of the building and the back area is the salon and spa.  Cool, right?!  One location to make you feel beautiful: inside and out.

So on Friday, after doing a bit of soul searching, I called and set up a meeting with a Personal Trainer.  On Saturday morning (10am) I met with Kara.  She really made me feel comfortable and she wasn't sticky skinny.  She was fit and healthy looking.

This morning, at 7am, I was at Elements of Exercise getting my first session of personal training.  Boy, it was quite a workout.  However, I also got nutrition information and tips on how I won't be on a diet.  I need a full body flush out: chemicals gone, unhealthy food gone, and positive and healthful food put in.  But more than anything I am just in need of a head to toe make-over.

What really did it for me was when I looked in the wall of mirrors at my body.  Who was that fat girl standing next to Kara?  Was that me?  It was a sobering moment, and one I will NEVER EVER forget.

So here is the first of many blogs to come regarding the journey to overall fitness.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

I know you'll have an amazing success story to tell after this month is over. Keep on truckin' girl!