Monday, August 15, 2011

The start of week 3

So I am now a vitamin/supplement junkie.

I am taking a multi-vitamin (2), an omega 3 supplement (1), and a liver cleanse with milk thistle (1) each morning.  This combination should help my body work even harder to lose fat and excess stuff that is causing my organs to tell my body to store fat.

I was very pleased that in two weeks I have lost 10 pounds.  My body is sore on a daily basis, but I know the muscle aches are helping my body become a lean, mean fat burning machine!

My trainer is on vacation this week, so I will be doing more walking with my new Cardio Trainer Pro phone app.  The program takes walking to a new level as I have set the intervals to 2 minutes walking at 3.1 mph and 1 minute at 3.8 mph.  That way my heart has time to recover and works harder each 1 minute interval.  After 45 minutes I am completely sweaty and ready for a large bottle of water!

My perception of food has changed a lot in the last two weeks as well.  In fact, I am not craving sweets or carbs.  However, the one thing I have craved is a soy latte from Starbucks.  But I have given myself 31 days without alcohol, coffee shop beverages, white sugar, white rice, white flour, sweets, and anything that isn't healthy.

Here's to another successful week!

1 comment:

MarieWa said...

I felt sooooo good when I became a vitamin junkie!!! It has been over a year now that I haven't taken vitamins on a daily basis, and I'm sure I'd do much better on them. It will take a bit longer for me to get back onto them, and I'll have to reformulate what I take since I'm no longer pregnant and nursing! :)