Friday, August 12, 2011

Fruit of the Spirit - Joy 2

Yesterday I posted one of my all time favorite scriptures, and this morning I experienced it first hand.
"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."
Psalm 30:5

I have been waking up early to exercise as part of my body makeover.  Some days I go to my personal trainer, Kara, at Elements of Exercise, and other mornings I walk/jog the neighborhood track.

This morning was no different.  However, my walk began earlier because Evie woke up at 6:20.  So in the light of dawn I drove to the school and began my walk.  I listened to the peaceful sounds of the crickets, and the occasional squawk of a bird.  It was truly magical watching a flock of birds take flight in the pinky blue sky.

If there ever was a case study for feeling connected to this earth, this nature surrounding me, it was that place in time; that moment.  Sunsets have no merit to a clear sky at dawn and listening to the world waking up.  It was completely spiritual and magical AND joyful.

No comments: