Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fruit of the Spirit - Joy 3

When I was a little girl I learn the song, "This is the Day."  Here are the lyrics:

This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made
We will rejoice, we will rejoice
And be glad in it, and be glad in it
This is the day that the Lord hath made
We will rejoice and be glad in it
This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord hath made
I often wonder how many people are depressed or feeling helpless out in this great world.  I have a friend who shared with me her helplessness yesterday.
For all practical purposes reader, we will call this friend, Elizabeth.  Elizabeth has been dating a man (lets call him Mr. Darcy) since New Years Eve 2010/2011.  Mr. Darcy has a job with the government.  Said job sends Mr. Darcy all over the world.  Mr. Darcy is currently in Japan, and has been for almost 3 weeks.  Elizabeth is not dealing with this international job very well at all.  She said she feels helpless and lonely.

I can only point her in the direction of self-love and comfort it finding peace from within.  I found myself wondering if Elizabeth knew about finding joy through our creator.  Finding joy in life itself and not in your boyfriend or another person is essential for happiness, in my humble opinion.

However, because Joy is a hard fruit for me to cultivate, it is difficult for me to elicit the purpose and reason to incorporate the fruit in someone else's life.  I am making a very good effort to help Elizabeth, so wish me luck.

No comments: