Monday, August 8, 2011

NO WHITE SUGAR!

Today begins week 2 on my journey to fitness and health.  I must say that my 8 times around the track (2miles) was a lot easier today than it was last Tuesday.  But my muscles are still like jelly (and I'm sweating).

My trainer, Kara, has me on a nutrition plan based on Jackie Warner's book Eat More, Cheat More, and Lose More. I have not purchased this book yet, but it is on my "to do" list today.

I am hopeful with this new life program, because I lost 6 pounds and I am not craving the things I used to (i.e. sugary foods, bread, etc.). 

I am supposed to eat five meals a day EVERYDAY: breakfast, lunch, and diner, plus a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.  Kara suggests eating every 3 hours.  I also need to limit my intake of whole grains to no more than twice a day.  Which is so different than my history with Weight Watchers and other programs.  I am not to eat white sugar, flour, nor rice.  And no milk.  However, I do put milk in my protein shakes.

I have also given up alcohol.  I have not had a drink since last Sunday.  Yes, I love my one beverage a day...but I don't even crave it.  Crazy, huh?  Yeah, I know.

The other crazy part is the 3 liters of water I need to consumer every day.  That is 101 fluid ounces.  The first few nights I peed 3 times!  I felt like I was pregnant again.  However, now I am only getting up once a night.

Here is to another week!

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

You're da bomb girl! Keep up the good work. :-)