Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fruit of the Spirit - Peace 4

The Devil made me do it - at least that is how I feel Ms. Manning relates to the negative events in her life.

I might be completely reading into her writing, but it isn't the first time I have heard the devil blamed for stupid decisions.  I believe that God made us with a conscience, and the ability to choose; we have to learn to live with the consequences that result from our actions. 

It is what I tell my girls each day: You reap what you sew.  If you make a good choice, the result will be a positive one; if you make a bad decision, the result will be a negative one.  Maybe not immediately, but eventually your decisions do come back to fruition.  This has NOTHING to do with the Devil.  In my humble opinion reader, many people never want to take responsibility for their actions.  It is much easier to blame someone (the Devil) rather than accept the consequences.

I would like to end this rather "soapbox" blog on a positive note.  So...one verse was especially poignant today:

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

No comments: