Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day #2 - Pinterest Projects Week 2

Today's project is Cloud Dough.

I saw this craft pinned on 99% of all my friends' boards.  So I thought it is a must.

Here is a picture of the original pin:


The recipe was very basic:

1 cup baby oil
8 cups flour


The How:
I took a large baking dish and measured out 8 cups of flour and then 1 cup of baby oil.  I kneeded the mixture together until it felt soft but the dough held together when released.

The Verdict:
If I ever decided to make this craft again I would have measured and mixed outside.  I'm sure you all know the frustration of vacuuming up flour.  It is so messy!  I also would not have ignored the Ladybug's attempt to change the consistency of the dough by adding copious amounts of water from the garden hose.  Flour and water make glue, and that is exactly what they made.

Here are some pictures of our fun:




No comments: