Thursday, August 27, 2009

pilgrimage - day #8 (explaination)

A few days back I had posted about Zoe and her first "swear word".  Since then I have realized I might not have correctly explained one part of the post.

I wrote:
Zoe started crying and said, "But Emma says that word in our house!"  I said that other people might use swear words, but that doesn't mean we should.

My first mistake was writing another child's name in my blog.  I should have put a "bleep" or something in the place of the name.  I have to be more careful, and reread what I write on here.  Sometimes I am so preoccupied with other stuff (screaming children, etc.) that I'm not able to read for content or errors in spelling, etc.

My second mistake was not explaining how Emma cannot always control what she says.  Saying "stupid" is pretty much a tic for her, and she is put in time out for it.  My sister continues to work on this and it is NOT an easy place to be in....it's a huge hurdle and I don't wish it on anyone...which is also a reason I am grateful to her (another pilgrimage blog).

Zoe idolizes Emma in every way, shape and form.  I have done my best over the last year to explain why Emma says or does some of the things the says/does.  It's not always easy to explain that to a child, considering 99% of the time Emma is VERY smart, kind, and fun to be around.

In no way was I suggesting I am raising Zoe better than my sister is raising Emma.  I was suggesting that children will say and do things, but that doesn't mean it is right to say or do those things...even if you idolize that person.

My meaning behind the statement from day #8 was in NO WAY meant as a dis, and I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: