Wednesday, September 9, 2009

pilgrimage - day #25

"Closely observe, with regard either to myself or to others in whom you seek sincere practice of virture, who they are that help you to improve, and consider what their life is.  For there are all too few on earth today in whom you can find true fidelity; for almost all people now want from God and men what pleases them and what they desire or lack."  - Hadewijch

Last night Jim and I went to a preschool meeting at Zoe's new school.  The teacher introduced us to the classroom.  Hanging from the ceiling were crayons with the children's names and meanings on them.  Zoe's wasn't Life, like I had thought it would be.  It was Deliverer.  I'm not actually certain where the teacher found this from, maybe I should ask today when I see her.  The teacher also said that the children (without direction from anyone) become their names (i.e. deliverer).

Not real certain what Zoe will deliver, but I must say she is turly my hero.  Her anxieties and apprehensions were mine; are mine; but yet I know she'll succeed much easier than I.


Today's Scripture
Psalms 122:1-2 (Hebrew Text)
I was glad when they said to me, 
"Let us go to the house of the Lord!"
Our feet are standing
within your gates, O Jerusalem.

No comments: