Saturday, September 19, 2009

pilgrimage - day #35

Today's Scripture
Pslams 16: 1 - 3
Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge. 
I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; 
I have no good apart from you."
As for the holy ones in the land, they are the noble, 
in whom is all my delight.


I had someone comment on my "good Mary" post from "pilgrimage - day #31."  The author was, CAT, and this is what he/she wrote:

You should NOT pray the rosary or any other repetitive prayers. Look at what Jesus stated in the sermon on the mount at Matthew 6:7 and 7:21-23. Praying the rosary would definitely be displeasing to our heavenly Lord and Almighty Father.

This comment refers to the passage stating, "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

This passage was speaking about the pharisees of the time.  The men would stand on corners and shout prayers to God, drawing attention to themselves. Jesus was stating that praying for attention and just saying words is not the way to pray.

This reader must have missed some of my other blog posts, because I did mention the passage about "babbling like pagans."  However, I also think CAT was not completely understanding why I wanted to use a rosary.  It is in NO WAY to pray to Mary; rather I would like to use the "hail Mary" (or possibly a Biblical verse) as a way of meditation - to become focused to correctly pray to God.  This would all be done in the comforts of my home, not on street corners like the pharisees and sadducees.

However, I do appreciate that my blog has been viewed by others, and that people feel compelled to comment on what they read.  Thank you to all who fit this description, and those that just stop by to read. 

No comments: