Thursday, September 24, 2009

pilgrimage - day #40

Pilgrimage End...

As I come to the end of the "Pilgrimage," I am confident I've been lead in the direction of the Coffee Hour at Zoe's school.  Wednesday's now encompass two Bible studies: Genesis, and the Bible's teachings.

I am also thrilled to continue a Bible study with my church: Parables from the Back Side.  It is a small group, but a wonderful opportunity to study together.

Reading scripture together and studying the verses is so much more fulfilling than studying on my own.  As much as I enjoyed parts of the "Pilgrimage," I find myself wanting to continue in group (large and small) studies rather than private ones.  I love hearing the variety of opinions, and heartfelt questions.  It also helps me to be a part of something greater than myself.

Here's the the start of the next part of my journey - may the road be filed with wonder.

Today's Scripture
Psalms 30:1-5
I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up, 
and did not let my foes rejoice over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, 
and you have healed me.
O Lord, you brought up my soul from Sheol, 
restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.
Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones, 
and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment; 
his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may linger for the night, 
but joy comes with the morning.

No comments: