Monday, September 21, 2009

pilgrimage - day #37

Today another school week begins for us; today I'm hosting the first Eve Circle; today I have a laundry area to clean from the plumbing work yesterday; today I have errands to run, food to prepare and a house to clean.

Lists of things has always been my way of remembering and establishing a system of daily task organization.  I long to be less anal retentive, and wish that my spiritual journey results in less restrictive behavior.  The one thing I have not done during this journey is write "Bible study" nor "Pilgrimage on my "To Do" list. Why is that?

I'm hoping it's because like brushing my teeth and taking a shower, a daily spiritual time will become habitual.  I don't wish the time to be mundane, like brushing teeth.  Rather I am hoping that I'll continue to want to read more, learn more, and thirst for the word each and every day of my life.

Today's Scripture
Psalms 25:8-10
Good and upright is the Lord; 
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right, 
and teaches the humble his way. 
All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, 
for those who keep his convenant and his decrees.

No comments: