Monday, May 2, 2011

Day #1 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #1 - Why Clean?



Yesterday was May Day, the 1st of May, and probably one of the most overwhelming days of my professional career.

My first priority is my family, but in order for my children to attend a private Christian school I teach piano and voice from a studio in my home.  Back in January I set up the annual spring recital at my church for May 1st from 2pm-4pm.  I have been working very hard to prepare my students for this recital, and found myself completely vulnerable to outside influences in my level of stress.

The proverbial "over commitment" found its way into my schedule yesterday.  I was the substitute music director at our church yesterday.  This meant that I was responsible for all the music during worship, which includes preparing the choir.  Of course the first Sunday in the month also meant that we had communion.  More songs to prepare.  Ah joys.

So, did I have time to look at 31 Days to Clean?  You betcha!  After I put my girls to bed, I spent some time soul searching and praying about why I want to have a clean environment for my girls.  I then developed me mission statement.  In case you are curious what that is, I will share it below:

I will create a space that is comfortable and stress-free, while fostering the importance of an organized and clean environment for my family.


Now I just need to adhere to the statement throughout this month...and beyond.

3 comments:

Homeschool Month by Month said...

You rock Michelle. Great mission statement. I look forward to reading about your journey this month. I am blogging at http://possiblilitesandpeas.blogspot.com/

Fairy Tale Mama said...

I want comfortable and stress free too! Tell me when you figure out how to get that because I need it. :-)

MarieWa said...

Yeay! I'm glad you are journaling this journey! Congratulations for getting yesterday successfully over with and taking time with this new project. I've been doing the "6 things" list since you sent me the link and I'm more or less half-assing it, but at least I'm seeing where there is room for improvement while not beating myself up about it. Look forward to learning through you again!
-Marie