Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day #31 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #31 - Balancing it All


Well readers, today marks the last day for the 31 day challenge.  I feel my home has come far in the process, and I am still working on looking at the home as a place where people live; rather than looking at what needs to be done.

Sarah Mae is currently working on a PDF document that will continue daily challenges, and I am looking forward to receiving a copy.   I may, or may not, continue the daily blogs.  However, I will definitely update you all when I do a Martha/Mary challenge.

I have a few odds and ends that will still need to be done: replacing wine rack with a dry sink (hand-me-down from in-laws), dry-walling and painting wall in basement bathroom/utility area, and fixing flooring in bathroom/utility area.  However, I feel like I have a really good grasp on what needs to be done...but have realistic expectations of what WILL get done.

I will definitely continue to take before and after pics as projects above are in process.

Since starting this journey 31 days ago, I have become more acquainted with the Christian woman online community.  Last week one of the Christian bloggers removed herself from a blog competition because there were Pagan blogs in the running.  I suppose to this Christian woman, Pagans are not a faith-based group of people; however, Muslim, Jews and other Biblical faiths were.

What I think disturbed me the most, was how these blogger women were quick to slander their fellow sisters and how hate, fueled by hurt, propagated comment after comment on the Christian woman's Facebook page. 

I might be a Christian, but I do not believe I have the right to purposely hurt or judge another person's heart.  I believe that there are many faiths in this world, and Paganism is one of them.  I at least know them to be worshipers of the Earth and nature, rather than Satan and evil spirits or demons.  They do not believe Jesus is the way; but neither do many other religions in this world.

I do think having a narrow mind prevents us from sharing love to others; and I really believe if we can give anything we should give love.  I hope that I convey my desire to love others, rather than propagate hate.  Please feel free to comment if you disagree with a post.  However, rather than give scriptures to read or interpretations ad-nauseum, lets kill each other with kindness.

No comments: