Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day #10 {31 Days to Clean}

Day # 10 - Feeling Overwhelmed


Today Sarah Mae gives ideas on how to not stress about the mess.  The truth is: I am not stressing.  Now, I am aching a bit - arms are sore from washing walls and floors.  But truthfully, I am seeing progress and I really REALLY like what I see.

I spent the morning with a very dear friend...it was very grounding.  Our kids played so well together that I had a few moments of bliss.  I also was able to do the daily Martha challenge, as well as purchase items I needed to restock the pantry.  It was a very productive spring cleaning day.

I have found that my girls are very interested in knowing what the next "challenge" is going to be.  This (without sounding silly) actually motivates me to continue the process.  Zoe tries to be helpful, and both love anything to do with a bucket of water.  Did I mention that the entire contents of the bucket ended up on our floor yesterday?  Yeah...and it went through the floor into the basement and we thought the water ruined the printer.  By the grace of God, our printer works this evening.  I cannot tell you the complete joy I feel that we don't have to pay for another "broken" problem at this house.  Three of the four of us had surgery this year...and this old home seems to need extra TLC this year too!

Tomorrow is a "no obligations" day.  This means that I only have my house with which to concern myself.  I plan on tackling the walls in the living room, cleaning out the coat closet, and organizing a back room that has taken on a life of its own.  I will (hopefully) take a few before and after picks of the spaces.  :)

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

I can't wait for the pictures! Woo hoo! And the weird ball dance song is to Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes. ;-)