Friday, May 20, 2011

Day #20 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #20 - Time


I would like to win the lotto - or at least inherit 10K.  Not looking for a lot, but these medical bills keep coming in, and sheesh - I am overwhelmed.  Now our animals are having problems...yes, I said it: our animals.  After spending a bit over $100, I am in limbo waiting to get blood test results for our youngest cat: Milo.

At a spry age of eight, Milo has had the most problems of any of our pets.  He is obese (of course not quite sure he is anymore, since he has lost 3 pounds in 8 months...way too fast for a cat), he has allergies, and now he stalks and bites the feline girls and the human girls.

Milo has an infected canine tooth, and the blood test results will show us if he can withstand the surgery to remove it.  It will also shed light on his weight loss, and his recent behavior changes.   So we wait.  And with an animal, payment is upfront (no surprises showing up in the mail), so I won't have to worry about that.

Today I spent time on my bathroom floors.  I also purchased a new litter box for the bathroom/utility room in the basement.  I really hope it makes the kitties feel special.  I also bought Milo some special moist food (the felines all eat crunchy nuggets) and he lapped it up.  I hope his recent behavior will subside, but if not I want to give him as much love as he lets me.

I also have a special project for the ladies - painting a curtain that hangs in the space between our furnace and the wall.  The furnace is between our utility room and the office/music studio in the basement.  So, I will let the ladies work their artsy magic on the blank canvas.  Most likely this will take place later this evening, because Evie has an extra dance rehearsal this evening from 5:15 until 6:15.  And I have to take the ladies to get the paint once we pick Zoe up from school at 3:30.  Phew!  :)

This brings me to the topic of Day #20: Time.  Yeah, there is never enough of it ~ especially when you have a full schedule.  Our girls are both in private Christian school; they go three days per week (Zoe full days and Evie half days).  So they have time at home for home-schooling activities.  Zoe takes piano lessons and both girls take ballet.  That is all.  We don't over-schedule our weeks, because when everything is coming to an end (like it is right now) we only have a crazy week or two...not all the time.  I thank God for my ability to plan...but also for my flexibility.  I seem to need as much work in that as possible, and He likes to put me into situations that help me learn to bend from my schedule.

I will post pictures tomorrow of the curtain project.  I will also fill you in on the results of Milo's blood work.

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

I'm dying to hear about the Civil War exhibit. How was it?