Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day #25 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #25 - The High Low Cycle


It is a beautiful, rainy day here.  You probably think I'm crazy, but I absolutely LOVE rainy days.  They wash the grime away, and leave the grass, flowers and plants looking so very healthy.  Of course, we have had a lot of rain here in Michigan lately, so we could probably stand to not have it rain today.  Oh well.

Today I had planned to run a few errands while the ladybugs were at school, but I am currently sitting at my dining room table looking out the window at a downpour.  I suppose I should take this quiet time to put my thoughts together and just listen.

I officially finished the major projects in the basement earlier this morning.  I still have to vacuum the stairs and take 5 bags out to the car for the church rummage sale.  But I am really proud that I was able to accomplish the much needed basement fix-ups.  I didn't realize how neglected some of them were until I started to do them.  I guess that is kind of a metaphor for anything in this world.  Sometimes we don't know how neglected our (enter word here) is until we decide to work at it.

My "enter word here" has to be my marriage.  As posted in a previous blog, my marriage hit a very low point last fall.  I don't think Jim nor I realized how neglected we had become in our relationship.  Of course gifts were given, and we were still saying "I love you."  But we were forgetting to really nurture our marriage.  How easy it is to continue down the path of neglect - dust and hairballs conveniently cover the problem(s).  But the minute you dust off the shelf: BANG! there is is staring at you (or fragrantly wafting at you).  And I suppose I could have ran the other direction.  But I did not choose that path (which in most cases is the easiest path).

Yesterday, our Milo-cat got dental work done.  He had three infected teeth that all were extracted.  I joked that Zoe, Mia and Misty are the only members of our home that did not undergo surgery this year.  Jim corrected me, and said that technically his took place last year (okay end of December, but sheesh I paid the bills for it this year).  Milo seems to be content today, of course he is on an oral opiate.  But at least he isn't lashing out at the other members of the household (yet).  I suppose you can say I am skeptical, but hopeful in the same thought.

No comments: