Monday, May 30, 2011

Day #30 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #30 - Contentment in the Season of Your Life



con·tent·ment   [kuhn-tent-muhnt]
–noun
1.the state of being contented; satisfaction; ease of mind.
2.Archaic . the act of making contentedly satisfied.

Contentment to me means to be emotionally satisfied with things how they are.  I have made great progress this month to be content with my home.  I must admit there are other parts of my life I do not feel contentment, nor do I think I will anytime soon.  Sarah Mae writes, "Enjoy the seasons God allows you to move through; pray for a contented spirit."  I will definitely pray for a contented spirit, as I definitely need that in my current situation. 

Today's Mary challenge asks us to write down 10 things we are thankful for.  Since today is Memorial Day, I think meditating on what I am truly thankful for is apropos.  I could always list the standard answers: family, friends, health.  But I have decided to really do some self-reflection on deeper emotions; what I am TRULY thankful for.

The following is a song I sang at church a few months ago called, Thank You.  It touched me, and it really made me wonder if others would ever think the same of me when I have gone.



So here is my list of ten things I'm thankful for, in no particular order.

1. Good cup of coffee/or a no-whip,triple,venti, soy latte
2. A husband that provides financially for our family, so that I can stay home and be the mom I want to be for our ladybugs.
3. Being blessed with very two beautiful and overall healthy girls: my ladybugs.  They are bright, kind, and eager to learn.  I have also learned a lot from being their Mommy.
4. The sunshine, the rain, the moon, and all other creations that have been here since the beginning and will be here long after I go.
5. Living in a country that provides the freedoms to choose my own faith, to write my opinions down in a blog, and to raise our girls with the morals and convictions we wish. 
6. My music talents; I feel closest to my creator when I sing, play or listen to music.  There is an overwhelming sense of peace and power when I am experiencing music.
7. Warm showers, pedicures, and restful nights.  My heaven will have warm showers, pedicures and big beds with lots of pillows.  
8. The arts: music, visual, creative movement, literature...  I love that humans have the ability to express themselves through creative outlets.  I love the written word.  I appreciate the talents of others.  And I especially love the feeling of empathy; completely "getting" what the artist had in mind.
9. Friends.  Friends for a reason, friends for a season and friends for a lifetime.  Through others we learn, grow, and become closer to our Creator.  Not one type of friendship is better than another.  And I truly believe you have to be a friend to have a friend.  It is all about connections between each other that we truly learn about ourselves.  
10. Love.  Whether noun or verb, LOVE just simply is.  Love is at the center of our creation, and love is what we are supposed to feel and do to all others.  Loving our neighbor does not mean the neighbors we like.  Rather we must love ALL God's creations, ESPECIALLY those that are not as loveable.


God bless you all on this holiday,

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

Contentment is a difficult mountain to climb. Thanks for a great post.