Monday, May 9, 2011

Day #9 {31 Days to Clean}

Day # 9 - Confronting Laziness


I have been called many names, but lazy has never been one of them.  There was a point, when I was small, that my mom was tired of my shoes not being put away in the closet.  She set up a behavior chart, and in a small time I was putting my shoes away.  I think I can recall a few times when my mom might have said, "you are acting lazy," but I don't think that laziness is my problem.  Oh...and I remember this one time when I was in Kindergarten that my mom made me a daisy costume for the clean up parade at school.  My sign said, "Don't be Lazy, Plant a Daisy!"

What is my problem with cleaning?  My problem is that I take on WAY TOO MUCH stuff and then find myself struggling to complete any one task to its best.

I found it interesting that today's Martha challenge was about cleaning the floors in the Kitchen, because we never washed walls.  Yes, washing walls appears in the Martha challenges for all the other spaces...just not for the Kitchen.  So since I added Dinning Room to the Kitchen tasks, I washed walls and floors in both spaces today.  Ugh.  Not the most fun Martha task.

I am pretty excited about my morning tomorrow - I am visiting a very dear friend for a play date.

I mentioned that I have been helping out with Zoe's Kindergarten class the last two weeks.  Here is the blog post if you are interesting in reading: the life and times...

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

Yay for playdates! Ah the clean up parade. I seem to recall a year I was dressed as a garbage bag---the easiest costume ever. ;-)