Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day #18 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #18 - Making Your Personality Work for You


I should subtitle this blog entry: NO WIRE HANGERS!

Today's Martha challenge was to clean out and organize bedroom closets.  I had already done quite a bit of purging not that long ago, due to my dear friend, Fairy Tale Mama, and her blogs centered around the book, 30 Days to a Simpler Life.  I did not follow the Simpler Life daily challenges, but rather pulled activities from her blogs to then complete on my own.  One of those tasks was to purge my clothing.

Of course, today when I was trading our mishmash hangers for a streamline version from Target, I found a few more items that were just not working anymore.  I did not purchase all new wooden hangers, like the pros recommend.  However, having all the same hanger in the closet makes a huge difference in how the clothing hangs!  I also got a few laughs at the shirts my husband insists on saving.

I was very proud of my Martha challenge accomplishments today, however, I am still contemplating the Mary portion of the challenge.  The Mary challenge was to try one of the ideas listed with my personality type.  Those were the ones discussed in yesterday's blog.  I am a "C" and the last sentence of Sarah Mae's description of "The 'C' Style" really touched me.

"Strive for excellence, but land in the softness of grace."

Wow.  This speaks to me on so many levels; not just the condition of my home.  This can apply to my marriage, my family, my career, my friendships, etc.  What a powerful way to end a VERY VERY exhausting day!

No comments: