Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day #14 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #14 - The Secret to Having Energy


What makes me feel "jazzed"?  This is the Mary Challenge for today.  I must say that when I see the word, "JAZZ", I think of JAZZ HANDS!  This is probably a direct result from too many show choir rehearsals and productions over the years.  I even was director of a small high school group last year called (what else?!): Jazz Hands!  Such a silly name...but maybe that is good imagery to focus myself on.

I suppose the thing that I enjoy doing more than anything else is singing and playing the piano for a group of people.  If that place is church, or home, or on stage somewhere; that is where I feel most in tune with my true self.  It is also where I feel closest to the Creator, and my spiritual purpose.

Of course, Sarah Mae suggests that we should take a couple hours of our week to feel jazzy.  I am not entirely certain that would be feasible for me.  Being part of a show right now would be very difficult in our current schedule/routine.  Of course a few years ago I took a tap class...maybe that would work?!

The Martha challenge for today was to clean and store winter bedding and bring out the summer bedding.  Target had a great sheet sale this past week.  I bought new sheets for Jim and I and for the ladies.  They have been washed and placed on the beds.  I have to be truthful, and say that I still have the other sheets (the ones that were on the bed) to launder, but that's not a horrible place to be in.  I also was able to clean out my linen closet this week, due to my searching for summer sheets (we use flannel ones in the winter).

I really didn't think the closet was that bad, but yeah...messy.

All this cleaning must be rubbing off into the rest of my life - because when I went to find a refill for our wallflower, I ended up cleaning the entire cabinet in our bathroom!  Seriously.  It was really a mess, and the shelves were black with dust/dirt.  I took a pic - and I'll post it tomorrow or Monday.  Tomorrow, of course, is Evie's Birthday party with our family.

Needless to say, I did find that I will be making a stop at Bath & Body Works this week for a wallflower refill.  We are plum out of them!

As I look at the week ahead, I know there are plenty of areas that are going to benefit from the 31-days!  What a fun and fabulous way to get this cleaning done!  Two weeks down and I really see a difference in my home!

No comments: