Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day #19 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #19 - Finding Joy in the Self-Disciplined Life


Probably one of my top favorite Bible verses is Pslams 30:5:

For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for a lifetime;
Weeping may last for the night,
But a shout of joy comes in the morning. 

Sarah Mae asks us to do a study on words "self-discipline" and "joy" in the Bible.  Before I even did a search on those words, I immediately thought of the verse above.  Love that one!


Here are the Six Tips in Leading a Self-Disciplined Life according to 31 Days to Clean:

1) Commitment
2) Set and Complete Goals
3) Do What You Say You Will Do
4) Learn to Say, "NO"
5) Practice
6) Don't Give Up

Today I worked on the walls and shelves in the bathrooms.  I had to replace one of the toilet seats and a shower curtain rod.  It really feels good when I can see the final outcome and be proud that I am taking care of my home in this way!

I have not felt the greatest for the last couple of days.  Whether it be seasonal allergies or just overwhelmed fatigue, I am looking forward to sleep this evening.  However, before that sleep can take place I will be going to a special event at The Henry Ford Museum this evening with my father.  We are getting a preview of the Civil War exhibit in the museum.  I am really excited for this, but also wish I felt better to truly enjoy it.

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

Have a great time with your Dad! Maybe it's just the day, but I am a big ball of stress today for no reason. My sister suggested a swig of whiskey to take the edge off. Haven't yet...am considering. :-)