Friday, May 6, 2011

Day #6 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #6 - The Six List - The $25,000 Piece of Advice



I am a list junkie.  Jim hates my lists, and I suppose I completely understand his aversion to the idea of the list.  In general, if I don't make a list of things I need to accomplish (i.e. tasks that need to be completed) or things we need to purchase (i.e. light bulbs or batteries), I will not remember them...EVER. 

The bigger thought to ponder goes back to the quote I posted a few days ago:

It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy.  The bee is praised.  The mosquito is swatted." ~Mary O'Connor

So I must admit my lists of "to dos" usually exceed 6.  Believe me, with two little girls (ages 6 and almost 4) I have PLENTY to keep me busy.  So my list evolves as the day progresses.  Is there stitching to be done?  Is there anything I missed from my grocery list and need to pick up from the store?  Is there laundry?  Is there...."insert thing here"...?

The truth is, I really need to take a good look at my list of "to dos."  Are they in line with my priorities?  And...this is a big one folks...am I spending a lot of time doing things and never truly completing them? 

At this point, my dining room and kitchen are mostly done.  I still need to wash floors and walls.  However, I am pretty proud of my surroundings.  I am typing this post sitting in the dinning room...yeah, not bad.  I have a very big day ahead tomorrow.  I teach from 8:30am to 4:30pm on Saturdays, and tomorrow is the pantry day.

I don't have a standard pantry.  We have a fruit cellar.  It is a large room that also houses storage containers and the like.  It will be a very VERY big challenge for me.  However, I am going to donate items to our church for the food bank, and I will also be donating cleaning supplies that I no longer use (i.e. ones that aren't organic).  Wish me luck!

By the way, I have forgotten to take pictures of most of the challenges this week (i.e. before and afters).  I get so wrapped up in an activity I completely forget to bring out the camera.  Hopefully this will change as the days go on.  I do have a few pics that I will upload on Sunday (the end of week 1).

Have a blessed night,

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

I'm still laughing about the wall washing. Are you really going to do it? ;-)