Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day #3 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #3 - 10 Ways to Give Life to Your Home






"We are on a journey, a 31 day faith - step journey towards ruling, subduing and loving.  We are forgoing perfection; we are choosing life." 
(page 6- 31 Days to Clean)

Yesterday I was to ask my family what makes them feel the most loved when it comes to me caring for our home.  I asked each person, alone, and did not divulge the other answers until I was completed (at the end of the day).

Zoe - Eating, Mommy.  When you feed me good food.  I love to eat your food.
Evie - When you make me pancakes.  I love pancakes, and when you make them I know you love me.
Jim - When dinner is made for me when I come home.

I found it VERY funny that all three chose food as their idea of love - or me showing my love to them.  I must admit I really don't care for cooking at all.  I do it as a way to feed my little family.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE food; but I really don't enjoy cooking.  Baking, on the other hand, is something I really enjoy doing.  I usually bake at least once a week (last week it was mini cupcakes for school and this week it was corn muffins to accompany our Monday dinner).

As for the Martha challenge of cleaning the fronts of the cabinets and drawers in the Kitchen - no problem.  I also added doing the windows in the kids' rooms.  This was because one of the curtain rods in their bedroom broke.  So before I put up a new one I washed the curtains, ironed them (I think ironing is my most hated household task), washed the windows and scrubbed the blinds.  I realize this Martha task doesn't really come into play until days from now.  However, I decided that rather than be busy on a task and then have to redo the task because I didn't really do the task to it's fruition, I would just do the whole window and window treatment washing task early.

Today I am supposed to clean the oven.  I have a self-cleaning oven, but it hasn't been "done" in over 6 years (February 2005 to be exact).  I would have started the process earlier today, however, I took my grandpa (who is 92) to Target.  This afternoon is really beautiful, but I cannot start the process until after I do my Mommy job: help take Zoe's Kindergarten class to the local farm market to get annuals and plant them with the class.  Wish me luck that I am able to keep up with the 31 Days!

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

You can do it! You're the woman! :-)
We were at kindergarten today and Andrew ratted out Peter to the class as not being able to cook. Loved it. He did get kudos for doing the vacuuming though.