Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day #22 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #22 - Developing a Workable Schedule


Ah, Sunday...the proverbial day of rest and relaxation.  That is, of course, if you don't work on Saturdays, like me.  So Sundays tend to be the "catch all" days, and I have learned to be okay with that.  However, yesterday was my last Saturday teaching day until fall, and this Tuesday will be my last until June!  Yes, I am very happy!

Today, the Mary challenge was about developing a schedule that works for us.  Sarah Mae gave lots of suggestions and ideas on how to develop this schedule.  As I mentioned yesterday, I go week to week.  I fill the weekly schedule in with the "have to dos", which include my teaching, the girls specials (i.e. piano and dance), doctor's appointments, and other activities of the like.  Then I decide the "wish to dos" in the blanks. 

Some weeks we are swamped, others - not so much.  This week is pretty typical, and it ends in a mini-vacation for us.  So Friday will be the big wash carpets day with Stanley Steemer.  That will end my Martha challenges, but I will continue to do my daily Mary challenges.  So four weeks of spring cleaning...not too shabby!  And to be honest, I am completely done with seeing grime, cat hair, raisins made from grapes that were lost, and other unmentionables.

Today I began tackling the office/music studio space in the basement.  Our three cats love the basement, so it tends to be a bit more hairy than other areas.  However, I was planing an hour or two.  Three hours later, I ascended the stairs.

Then after dinner I once again spent another hour down there.  Phew!  What a productive day!  I will post pictures of the last couple projects a little bit later this evening!

No comments: